School Times and Dates
- Greek School meets every Wednesday from 5-7 p.m.
- It is very important that students arrive promptly so that class can begin as scheduled.
- Parents are responsible for picking up students promptly.
We have a computer lab that students can use on a rotational basis to practice the language using interactive exercises and assisted by a teacher. The websites were provided by the Greek Ministry of Education in Toronto.
List of Yiortes
- Observance of The Three Hierarchs (Church Service)
- March 25th ("25 Martiou") Greek Independence Day - Flag Raising at City Hall
- "OXI Day" – October 28th Remembrance Observance
- GLS Christmas Yiorti
- Graduation/Yiorti and Volunteer Appreciation
- The students go before Christmas to Ina Grafton Retirement Home and sing Christmas carols in Greek and English to the residents.
- Christmas Party at the Delphi Hall in Niagara Falls with proceeds going to youth activities compliments of Mr. Chris Rigas.
The involvement of parents in the Greek Language School is very important. If you have a special talent, area of expertise or would like to assist the teachers with planning for extra curricular activities, fund raising and yiortes, please contact us on how you wish to contribute to our program.
Parent volunteer forms are available at the Administrative Office or
It is our hope and expectation that our parishioners continue their active support and improvement of the Greek School program. Parents are strongly encouraged to register their children in this very important educational program of our community. Give your children the timeless gift of the Greek language and our Greek Orthodox traditions and culture.
For more information on the Greek Language School Program please
contact the Greek Community of Niagara: GCN Admin. office @ 905-685-3028